All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 pm 
I thought the PC Calamity Trigger was a hack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 pm 
swordiris wrote:
I thought the PC Calamity Trigger was a hack.

No, but a bunch of mod videos were created using the PC version.

Kinda the main reason I would want any new BB to be on a PC, to see more hacked and modded stuff, but it's not gonna happen lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 pm 
Registered Active Coolkid

I lol'd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm 
Kaito wrote:
I lol'd

So did I.

I would love to see another one of those true ending hack videos for BBCP's three stories.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 pm 
Registered Active Coolkid

Does extended have a story lol?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 pm 
Its the same as CS, but has a retelling of CT's story and 6 additional chapters, one for all four of the added characters and two bonus chapters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 pm 
Neah wrote:
Kaito wrote:
I lol'd

So did I.

I would love to see another one of those true ending hack videos for BBCP's three stories.

Exactly lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:07 pm 
Kaito wrote:
Does extended have a story lol?

If you mean a hack story like CT's one then no.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:46 am 
i know a lot of people look at BBCT for PC and say "well it got pirated a bunch so no more for PC" but honestly id say thats a lazy way to look at it
consider the following:
- 2 years delay
- no digital copy available
- europe (and japan i think) only
- no marketing at all, hardly anyone knows about it
- GFWL
- sequel released shortly after

thats basicly asking for no sales at all
not all jap games are completely ignored in the western PC market but it seems to me like the people responsible for marketing this game on PC didnt give a damn from the very beginning and as a result nobody knew nobody cared at that point because 2 year delay and there was already a sequel out on consoles.
despite all these issues i still bought the game and i enjoy it to this day even though the community is very very small but it makes me happen when i see new faces or returning ones so we can fight (assuming they dont play nu lol)
now lets discuss what couldve been done to get more sales on PC with BBCT.

in all honesty the EASIEST way to get sales on PC is by putting your game on steam which seems a bit scary to me because i do fear total steam domination i think its really bad for a healthy market but if thats what it takes to get this game on PC so be it. if this isnt an option then AT LEAST have it on some form of digital download but honestly not having it on steam already severely hurts sales because PC users are biased and fanboys, some of my friends tell me "no steam? no sale" which i find sad as steam isnt a perfect system but it is good in many ways
having a digital download option would also help the europe/japan only

a lot of PC gamers have a massive grudge against GFWL for very valid reasons and i dont blame them even though ive never experienced most of the issues they have but i do wanna admit that the most annoying part of using GFWL is creating a gamertag after that its really not so much of an issue besides setting up voice chat properly so you dont make people deaf on accident, additionally i think the cross platform play is an extremely nice touch and i dont know why capcom doesnt have it for their games since most of them use GFWL on PC, being able to have full lobbies with a mix of pc gamers and xbox gamers was really fun (especially when you beat them with keyboard)
as for the game itself i think it runs fine and the PC port isnt so bad since it allows you to use pretty much any gamepad you want and the button prompts in game have keyboard and controller in mind which is a nice touch (looking at you dark souls) no complaints on that part honestly it runs 60fps smooth and it only gets locked on 30fps if i keep my machine on for like 3-4 days straight, the only fix ive found for this is restarting
the is okay for the most part and unless the person your fighting has horrible internet then theres usually no lag even if you fight russians or chinese players (assuming youre in the US)

i wanted to make a thread like this a while back when CP was announced but i was waiting for dark souls on PC to be released so i could use that to back up my argument against "PC gaming being dead" but namco never gave word on how it did and ive googled with no luck, all ive been able to find is that it was top seller on steam for a few weeks despite its technical shortcomings. another game that also did well is ys origin/oath in felghana (really great games) when they were released on steam, loads of people bought it during the sale and im honestly hoping falcom/xseed bring more of their stuff on steam

now.. i understand that all these games are different genres and fighting games on PC are kind of rare but i think if done right it could work. when xseed brought the ys games on steam they werent expecting that many sales (about 10k i believe?) but ended up selling way more than that (dont have link to the article ;-; i desperately searched through my history but no luck)

regarding greenlight: i think itd be a great way to see what the demand is but i dont think anyone can just start it, itd have to be arcsys themselves

anyway, if for some miracle ASW decides to release this game on PC heres a "wish list" that would be awesome for the PC version:
- cross platform play between PC and PS3 (i know SKULLGIRLS devs said they wanna try that with the PC version but i havent heard much about it)
- digital/steam version
- less than 3 month delay (i can wait but not 2 years man thats just cold)
- NO REGION LOCKING. this is a terrible idea, always has been.
cant think of anything else as the CT port was pretty damn good

now the begging: PLEASE BRING BLAZBLUE CHRONO PHANTASMA ON PC ;_; I LOVE CT SO MUCH AND I WANNA SEE THE SEQUELS ON PC

tl;dr: if you bring it on PC a steam version is a must

on a sidenote if anyone wants to play bbct with me im down steamid and gamertag are all the same

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
The only thing I regret of no PC version is that we won't get more of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M93nzGVFIIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49IILox ... re=related

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next