Thought this will fit just fine here for all of us hakumen players to be aware of what will become of us in a not so far future, which is just a matter of a few days.
Anyway, this is what I have managed to get so far from lurking forums and dustloop... that being said, this is what it can be done playing hakumen in BBCS 2 from japanese players so far.
+ " BUFF "
- " NERF "
* " NEUTRAL "
* No confirmed corner bounds.
* Forward throw causes slide effect.
* All D moves: you get the 1 orb meter once you counter, but it doesn’t apply if you counter projectiles.
* 5C: has more horizontal reach. has more proration
* 5C: Faster startup now. has more proration now. 5C > Enma Combo does 3100 – 3200 damage.
* 5A: has more proration now, 5A > 5B now connects. 5A > 5B > Enma > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > JC (I’ll call this Enma Combo) does about 2000 damage
* J2A: has more proration, but not just like.. more general proration or initial proration. Maybe added a special property.
* Renka: 2nd hit does wall-bounce once hit. 120% proration of the 1st hit is gone.
* Enma (623A - A): you can still do CS Enma combo. has more proration now.
* Renka: (at the corner) Renka > 5B > J2A > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > JC does 3052 dmg. (at the corner) Renka > Zantetsu > 2C > J2A > blah blah does 4700 – 4900 dmg.
* Hotaru: kicks you to the wall with 45 degree and wall bounce. You can follow with 6C. At the corner you can do followup combo with full charge 6C. Near corner you can do Hotaru > 6C > 2C. (at near corner) Hotaru > 6C (full charge) > 5C > Gurren > 2C > blah blah does about 4700 – 4900 damage.
* Tsubaki: (at the corner) Tsubaki > 3C damage is about 2700. At near corner, Hotaku > Tsubaki combo lets you slide down to the middle of the screen. Tsubaki > Shippu (shockwave) combo works, damage is about 3334. (near corner) Tubaki > 2C > J2A > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > Jc > 5C > 3C does about 4600 dmg.
+ J2C: has faster startup now.
+ 4C: now cancellable to special moves. not sure about the proration at this moment.
+ Tsubaki: Slide down no matter of air or ground hit. you can do followup combo at the corner.
+ Hotaru: looks like you can combo into Enma after this hits. (not confirmed)
+ 5A j2A connects (j2A faster?).
+ jA JB chain added.
+ 5D comboable on some characters.
+ 5B: has more proration now. 5B (counter hit) > 5B works now. 5B > Enma Combo does about 2300 – 2400 damage
+ 2C: has better hit box (idk if that’s horizontal or vertical) 2C> Enma Combo does 2700 – 2800 damage
+ JC: You can combo into 5C or 6C once corner hit.
+ JA: Now chains to JB
+ J2C: Faster startup now. has a lot less proration now. J2C > 5C > Enma Combo does 3200 - 3250 damage.
+ 4C: Faster startup now. Air unblockable now. 4C > Enma Combo does about 2230 ~ 2300 dmg.
+ 6C: Faster startup now. Slides down on air hit. You can do follow up combo at the corner. Whatever wall bounce move > 6C is now more stable.
+ 5D: can combo into 2B. 5D > 2B > gurren > step 5A > JA > JB > J2A > JC does about 2100 dmg.
+ j2A has more untech frames.
- jC has less untech frames.
- 2A: 2A > 5B doesn’t connect anymore
- 3C techable. Only comboable on CH.
- 6A: moves slightly less forward than CS
- 6B: Damage is decreased (749 4th locke -> 710 now)
- 3C: has more recovery now. 3C - 2B works only after counter hit.
- JC: slightly more recovery
- 5D: damage is decreased to 1400, fewer active frames. gain 1 orb meter once you successfully counter.
- 623A: moves less now. cancellable to other specials now
- 6D: damage is 1600 now. Can’t do any followup combo.
- JD: Can’t do any followup combo
- Forward/Back Throw: you can do followup combo only at the corner.
- 6C has same move proration.
- 4C CH does not stagger anymore.
New combo route to go is mostly using Renka...
2C major buff: Larger hitbox, hakumen hitbox much better, and benefits a lot from new kishuu
Corner (3 magatamas)
2B starter results in over 4000
If distance to corner is farther, add gurren to close distance for same combo
Furthermore, adding tsubaki between kishuu and 6C will put dmg output at ~6500.
Middle of screen
hotaru(fatal, 5 magatamas)
hotaru>land>air dash j2C>5C>above combo for ~5500
Timing of landing j2C is same as CS 6D>air dash j2C in terms of height.
If wall bounce,
hotaru>6C(full charge)>5C>renka(1)>kishuu>tsubaki>2C>etc for around 6000
Normal hit and non-fatal both works
Adding a 6C(full charge) to the first combo (with tsubaki) can go over 7k
Overall, Hakumen's dmg has been slightly decreased but, on the other hand, he has a lot of combo options now that can lead to inflict decent amount of dmg easily, compared to CS.
I encourage people to keep posting of any other combo sets related to CS 2. I am sure it will help us to get familiar already with the new Hakumen and to not feel so strange, when we get our hands on him after update.
~ I AM THE WHITE VOID
~Xbox 360 Gamertag: StonyGman