|Eridan Ampora Fanboy Administrator
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:02 pm
Location: Land of Wrath and Angels
Main: Jin Kisaragi
- Breaking any of these rules will result in a warning being issued to all members involved.
- Repeated breaking of any of these rules could be grounds for a temporary ban from the forums.
- A permanent ban will only be issued under extreme circumstances such as excessive breaking of rules or flaming of members or the site in general.
- Unless stated otherwise, the above conditions will not have exceptions. An example of an exception is the instant-ban for posting child pornography.
- Spambots of course are an exception and will be banned immediately upon finding.
These rules are only a guideline and mods will
use discretion when excising their powers.General Rule List
General Warning/Ban Timetable
- Sexually provocative images, "NSFW" content, and explicit writings are not allowed anywhere on this website/forum, even when clearly marked (in accordance with U.S. and U.K. law, this website is for minors, thus adult content is NOT allowed). Sexually suggestive images are discouraged from being posted.
This includes over-sexualised flirting with other users, whether they're "okay" with it or not.
No links to or any kind of pornographic images are to be posted ANYWHERE.
Breaking of this rule is severe and may land you a warning instantly.
This rule basically means BUT is not limited to; no female nipples, female areola, over half the breasts exposed, no vaginas, penises, erections, no animal genitalia, no alien genitalia, no testicles, no semen, no sexually suggestive poses or remarks, etc. Artistic nudity is allowed but only under a NSFW link and MUST be discussed with a moderator or administrator beforehand.
NSFW Loli or Shota images are strictly banned and a user will be banned instantly for posting them. The same goes for Child Pornography.
- No Piracy/"torrent" talk. No linking to illegal downloads.
Breaking of this rule is severe and may land you with a warning instantly.
- KEEP FLAME WARS MINIMAL! No bad mouthing other communities or other members of the site. If you have a problem with someone discuss it through private messages, while still remaining as civil as possible (personal insults aren't good, even in private!), or message a mod for an attempt at resolution. No public flaming either which includes personal insults and offensive remarks. There's no reason why a discussion can't go on without people being insulted. Show some class folks. Arguments are fine, but personal insults with obviously no intent to act civil or professional isn't.
- KEEP THINGS ON TOPIC! The only exceptions are topics in the 'Miscellaneous', 'Images and Videos' and 'Polls' sub forums otherwise try to keep things on topic or related to the topic titles. If it is something like someone posting their PSN/XBL tag, just send them a PM instead of posting to challenge them or to add them. If we see anything that seems irrelevant to the topic, moderators will just delete the posts. (Posters may request that certain threads stay on topic regardless of what section they are in. Also if a thread serves a legitimate purpose, regardless of the section, posters will be asked to stay on topic and not derail)
- Double posting is fine so long as it is meaningful. In this forum you can quote multiple times, so don't bother replying to 2 quotes in 2 separate posts. If needed, you may have up to 3 posts if you are the topic starter if it is something like a guide.
- Hard language is fine so long as it isn't going to offend anyone that is or may join the forum. So no racism, anti-homophobic or harsh sexism (joking sexism you may get away with depending on the severity.).
- Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, and all types of blatant discrimination will earn people an instant warning. However we cannot do anything about discrimination off-site, on other forums, on Facebook, IMs/MSN/Skype.
- Be sure to start topics in the appropriate subforums.
- Character discussion is freely allowed BUT only as long as it's civil. (For example, blatant complaining with no intent to discuss will get you a warning for the first time and possibly a temp ban for repeated incidents.)
- NO MAKING ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS. If found out you will be facing a possible IP ban. If it's a sibling or something of the like, message one or all of us so we know in advance to avoid unnecessary confusion or blame.
- Having advertisements or links to websites with intent to advertise a product(s) in a signature will be grounds for immediate ban. Ask a mod if you really need this right, otherwise you will be assumed a spambot. For example, having a link to "Free WOW Gold" or "Discount Health Insurance" will get you banned. (Please note, that linking to other websites, such as art websites, clan websites, other forum profiles, is perfectly fine!)
- Do not feed spam-bot topics with posts. Just report them and they will be deleted. People advertising tournaments, events, etc are not spambots unless they are excessively doing so. Repeated replying to spambots, when asked to stop my a moderator, will result in a warning.
- Any technical issues with the PC version of Blazblue will go in this topic:
If we see anything about technical issues with the PC version, report it there and someone from our community will try and help you. If you have attained the game illegally, don't expect any good answers.
- DON'T ASK WHEN CONTINUUM SHIFT IS GOING TO BE RELEASED ON PC :evil:
- No trolling. Keep discussions civil and don't bring any personal insults with obvious intent to insult into it. If it's obviously riddled with malice, it will be asked to be edited. If it stays, it will be deleted and a warning will possibly be issued.
- Keep private things private. Please don't post PMs publicly UNLESS WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE CREATOR OF THE MESSAGE. You may get a warning if the creator of the message asks for a moderator to take action. The exceptions to this are with spambots and harassment, in which case they can be sent to a moderator.
- For banning, the person in question will receive a mandatory warning (DEPENDING ON THE OFFENSE) before they are actually banned. They then have 48 hours to appeal it in a sense. This means 48 hours from the time they receive the warning. If a moderator is not online at the time, a message should still be sent to all of us. If the deadline passes and a message is not received, the banning will continue as planned. We will allow some disputes to be handled privately with a simple discussion between a moderator and all those INVOLVED if the case is minor. Some more serious incidents will be non negotiable. If you continue to violate any rules in your 48 hour period, you will be banned on spot. Don't take advantage of this. It's not a right. It's a courtesy.
- Offensive posts will be censored either by request or by a moderator's discretion, the latter happening ONLY if it is severe enough to cause a problem. Otherwise they will be left alone so if no one reports, things don't go away. In the event of multiple posts needing censorship, they will simply be deleted. Controversial topics being properly discussed in a civil way is fine too, but posts with obvious intent to offend or even controversial humor will be censored, or deleted upon request or by moderator's discretion. A warning could possibly be issued if it obviously has the intent to harm.
- When a thread is deemed liable for locking, a moderator will make a short post warning the posters that we are considering locking it. Kind of like a short warning to say, either keep it on topic, knock off the inappropriate jokes, or whatever may be the issue at hand. If it persists after that then we lock it.
- Posting in an obvious spam-bot thread will result in a PM warning/telling-off. Repeated posting in spam-bot threads after being warned will result in a proper, on-record warning.
From time to time moderators will give out official warnings for infractions if deemed necessary. Here is an overview of the guideline we use for your reference. However, it is a guideline only and can be changed for any circumstances if deemed necessary:
From two warnings onward a person is eligible for a short term temporary ban lasting roughly a week. Three warnings can be reached before moving to the ban stage based on the severity of infractions made at moderator discretion, but no more than three will be tolerated. After a single temporary ban has been given, a person becomes eligible to be permanently banned. A second temporary ban of a month or more may be given in place of a permanent ban if the scenario calls, but a third call to be banned will near always be permanent. Warnings erase themselves roughly every six months, however the count of how many times one has been temp banned is permanent. Any user found making a new account to get around a temp-ban will have their ban extended and their secondary account perma-banned. A user found using a secondary account to get around a perma-ban will be IP banned from the forum.
Be aware warnings do not clear themselves after a ban is given, and if the total is already 2 or more, a second temp ban may be handed out directly as a result of further infractions upon return until the warnings dissipate on their own.
More rules will be updated as time comes along. If you wish to ask any questions about the rules, please PM Takoto
, Chain Revolver
.Thread updated on: 23 July, 2011, by Takoto.Thread updated on: 21 October, 2011, by Takoto.Thread updated on: 18 June, 2012, by Takoto.Thread last updated on: 08 April, 2013, by Takoto.
Mage of Hope
| Land of Snow and TeaActive Administrator☆ DeviantArt ☆ Tumblr ☆ Ask Thread ☆ Art Thread ☆ C O M M I S S I O N . M E . E H E H E H WhiteKeaton is my precious moirail palesis 4 life